Are you the type of person who needs to have things written, but you feel awkward and uncomfortable every time you sit in front of a blank screen? Or you’re the head of a marketing department and you know you want to invest in content marketing but would rather leave the actual writing to someone else?
I can help you with that!
I’m a professional writer, editor, and content marketer, and I love to help people and companies tell their stories in clear, compelling, and creative ways. I tend to focus on the intersection of people and work, and the majority of my clients are B2B HR tech companies. But even if that doesn’t sound like you, feel free to get in touch if you like my style and we can see if working together would be a good fit.
Content marketing is basically a fancy way of saying “making stuff,” or more specifically “making stuff that is helpful to people and answers their questions.” There are a few things that make me especially adept at this:
- I have an undergraduate degree in Literature from a prestigious liberal arts college. (This means I’ve read widely and spent a lot of time thinking big thoughts. It also means that I can sing the first line of The Iliad in ancient Greek, but I don’t usually do that because it tends to scare people.)
- My classical, not-so-practical undergrad education is coupled with a super practical MA in Translation and Professional Language Skills, which means I know how to edit, proofread, and revise documents for clarity and accuracy.
- I spent a big chunk of my career in Japan, working with non-native English speakers. This means I know how to write—and communicate—clearly and simply.
- I’m naturally curious and inquisitive about the world around me—and I’m not afraid to ask really obvious questions!
- Marketing jargon and corporate speak are not really my scene. I like to write like a real human being. That said, I know how to adapt my voice to the situation.
- I’ve worked full-time at several HR tech companies and freelanced for several more, so I’ve written extensively about recruiting, onboarding, employee experience, L&D, and performance management.
- I am a “master level” Copyblogger Certified Content Marketer. What exactly does that mean? I completed advanced coursework and submitted samples of my work to be reviewed by the Copyblogger team. Find more information (and the official listing) here.
Still reading? Awesome!
Get in touch with me to discuss a writing/editing/content marketing/other project that you’d like me to help you with. To do this, just drop me a line at melissa AT melissasuzuno DOT com or you can fill out this form and I’ll get back to you shortly.
Melissa was such a breeze and pleasure to work with. Her existing knowledge of our industry meant there was little-to-no ramp-up time, and I appreciated her ability to add value to our base-level outlines through stats, context or research, leveraging her past experience writing for our Human Resources buyer. We’ll absolutely be tapping Melissa for future writing projects, especially when needing a thought leader to up-level our content conversations.Morgan Chaney, Head of Marketing at Blueboard