Both events will take place over September 8–11, 2015, and both have an impressive lineup of speakers, presenters, and fun events.
When I realized that both events would take place over the same few days, I decided to put it out there in the Twittersphere to see if anyone else could help me make my decision.
As I expected, the folks at HubSpot responded almost immediately. (They tend to know what they’re doing on social media.)
I have to admit that they tempted me with the offer of both Amy Schumer and the cake.
But of course the folks at CMI didn’t leave me hanging, either.
Also, note the fact that the folks at HubSpot favorited this tweet. Very sweet of them!
In a very tiny nutshell, this is how I distinguished between the two events:
Content Marketing World
- Held in Cleveland
- I attended last year, so I know what to expect (both a plus and minus)
- Content focused
- The Content Inc. Industry Lab is focused on startups and small businesses, so a great fit for me
- Held in Boston
- I’ve never been, so I don’t know exactly what to expect (both a plus and minus)
- Not just content focused, and in fact not even just marketing focused—includes sessions on sales, design, and other topics
- Some sessions are very HubSpot focused, and I was not using HubSpot at the time
- Seems to be a really fun, cool event (yes, I totally bought into their marketing materials)
Ultimately, I decided to attend Content Marketing World, even though no one promised me cake if I decided to do so. However, just a few days ago, look what showed up in my Twitter feed:
So that confirms it—I must’ve chosen well… right?
Have you attended Content Marketing World and/or Inbound? How would you characterize each one? If you had to choose only one to attend, which one would you choose?
And finally, what’s your favorite flavor of cake? I’m partial to funfetti myself.